Sunday 4 January 2015

Best of 2014

This year has been a huge leap for me, I started this my 2nd year of wedding photography, with 5 bookings for the whole year and a serious sense of concern that I was going to fail at this.

Looking through my files and selecting some of my favourite images for this post has really helped me to reflect on how far I've come this year.

I've left my 'day job' to be solely self employed and over the past 12 months I've had the pleasure of shooting 27 couples weddings. Each and every one has taught me something new. I've pulled together a couple of creative shoots (which is my new favourite thing to do) and in the process had the opportunity to work with some brilliant talented and creative people. I've shot portraits, families, babies and expectant mothers as well as teaming up with independent creatives, small businesses and social enterprises. I've started my own wedding blog, Pretty Thrifty, the idea for which had long been lurking in my head. I've run a marathon, completed challenges, adopted a new best friend, turned 30, got my first tattoo, had the chance to raise money for a charity I care deeply about and been nominated for a Pride of Britain Award &  Halifax Giving Extra Award which both mean so much to me.

Going into 2015 I have 42 weddings on the books and a sense of confidence and excitement. Thanks to everyone who has booked me, supported me, helped me and cheered me on. I can't wait to work with all my new (and a few returning) clients over the next 12 months!

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment