Saturday 8 March 2014

Who run the world . girls .



In honour of International Womens Day I thought I'd give a little shout out to some ladies that have inspired me to do what I do...


Anna Hardy
Anna's photos were what initially inspired me to start up as a wedding photographer. Her work was so contrasting to the images that I was used to seeing from friends weddings. I had taken a module in photography as part of my Fine Art degree and it had never occurred to me that I may be able to make a living from this skill until I saw Anna's work and realised that there was an alternative to the 'traditional' photography that was all I had previously seen in the wedding industry.


Emma Case
Emma is another incredible photographer and I find her work constantly inspiring. She has such a unique style which has encouraged me to find my own in a very crowded industry. She also runs some pretty inspiring workshops and I hope that soon I will be able to attend one.


Kat Williams
Kat is a blogger and if you haven't read her blog you really really should. I first discovered her blog when I was planning my own wedding, which led me into a world of totally awesome alternative weddings and eventually {when I plucked up the courage} inspired me to start my own wedding blog this year.


Rosie Hardy
Finally, another photographer, Rosie's work is immense. I only discovered her recently via twitter and I'm so pleased I did. When I was studying for my degree and Masters at Uni I met a lot of professional 'Fine Art' photographers who seemed to have this cringe in their voice when they spoke about how they used to do weddings and absolutely hated it. I love shooting weddings and for some 'serious' photographers that I've met this seemed to be a source of embarrassment.  Rosie shoots weddings and they are amazing, she is also a hugely successful photographer in other fields. Her blog posts are really honest and open and she shares her experience and knowledge via some brilliant tutorials. Seeing Rosie's work and success has given me the confidence to create the images that I want to create and not to just follow the crowd like so many others...

So thanks ladies,
Cheers to you all!
Shelley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment